12 Follower

nadines

Ich lese gerade

Die Auslese - Nur die Besten überleben
Joelle Charbonneau
The Elite - Kiera Cass The competition to find a wife for Prince Maxon continues, only half a dozen girls are left and the tasks they have to prove themselves in are getting trickier. Also the competition between the girls is getting hotter.
America starts out as a favorite of Maxon and feels close to him but then she is utterly shocked by the cruelness his job demands of him and they grow apart.

I didn't like part one, it seemed like a forced mix of popular themes like dystopian novels and „The Bachelor“ while the story was seemingly stopped after a third of the story to turn it into a trilogy. Meanwhile I made my peace with the themes and actually enjoy the silliness of them. So to my own surprise I actually enjoyed part 2 („The Elite“). We get to know Prince Maxon a whole lot better and he is really growing on me.

The thinning-out process is quite slow in this installment and a lot of the complications are just set up for the grand finale, but we get some hints about the way Illea was formed and about the rebel movements, which I enjoyed a lot.

„The Elite“ is written in a light and charming way, the characters are showing more depth than in part 1 in my eyes and made me really care about them. I am really looking forward to the final installment.

A digital copy of this book was given to me via NetGalley.