12 Follower

nadines

Ich lese gerade

Die Auslese - Nur die Besten überleben
Joelle Charbonneau
1.4 (Point 4, #2) - Mike A. Lancaster In book 1 (0.4) the events leading to an "upgrade" of the human race were recorded by a boy called Kyle Staker. Centuries later only few believe those records are more than a legend, they call themselves Slakerites and try to live the way people lived before the upgrade, using as little technology as possible.
Peter Vincent is the son of one of the most famous scientists, he is struggling to inform his father about his decision to concentrate on literature as well instead of just science as his father expects when he meets Alpha, the daughter of devoted Stakerites, she opens his eyes to new points of view and together they find hints that another big "upgrade" of humanity is about to take place.

The main characters are believable and lovable, the story is very intriguing and kept me glued to the pages, while the end left me with a gasp. I especially loved the way book 1 and 2 are linked, this is more than your usual sequel, the approach is different, while in the first part we mostly saw what happened after the upgrade, we are feverishly feeling with the protagonists who try to prevent the event this time. Second parts are often a disappointment, but this one is at least as good as the first part.

I received a copy of this book via NetGalley by the publisher.