12 Follower

nadines

Ich lese gerade

Die Auslese - Nur die Besten überleben
Joelle Charbonneau
In Search of a Love Story (Love Story, #1) - Rachel Schurig After Emily's boyfriend dumped her, her friends decide that her lack of knowledge in romantic movies or books is the reason that she keeps falling for the wrong guys, because according to them you have to read „Pride and Prejudice“ to know that you should go for the Mr. Dacys instead of the Mr. Wickhams of the world. So the lessons begin and finally Mr. Perfect shows up, true to form rescueing her from being hit by a truck.
This was a light and quick read, I loved the references to movies and books and the dynamics between Emily and her friends, being schooled in romance fiction however it is very clear for the reader from the start how things will end, I would have loved some twists and puns of the genre, some more self-irony.
The characters are loveable but the way the heroine (narrator) actually sees and describes all the hints about the guys in her life including her own feelings but doesn't get them while the reader knows from her first stomach flip who is right for her was getting on my nerves at some point.
But it is a classic feel-good-book, which I overall enjoyed. This was only part 1 of a series, the next 2 parts will focus on Emily's friends and I am curious to find out about their stories.
(A free digital copy of this book was given to me via NetGalley.)